Karan Faridoon Lord Bilimoria
Founder of Cobra Beer & Director
Mr. Karan Billimoria CBE DL, FCA(England & Wales) MA Law (Cambridge), the group’s founder and Chief Executive, started Cobra in 1989 and remains committed to making Cobra beer a global brand by focusing on product quality and innovation, particularly in the area of new product development. Karan Bilimoria moved to the UK from India in 1981 to study accountancy, qualified as a Charter Accountant ACA with Arthur Young(now Ernst & Young) in 1986, and then took an M.A. in Law at Cambridge University between 1986 and 1988. While studying and working in the UK, he realised not only was there a clear gap in the market for a beer to go with Indian food but there was a broader gap in the market for a Premium lager brewed to appeal to both ale drinkers and lager drinkers.
Lord’s Business Principles
- Being different & better & changing the market place for ever.
- No shortcuts.
- No compromise on quality.
- Respect both customer & suppliers.
- Never ask for exclusivity.
- Creating an atmosphere of entrepreneurship & enterprise.
- Informal yet professional atmosphere.
- Encouraging, developing & investing in our team
- Punching above our weight.
- Working with the best advisors.
- Diverse & multicultural team.
- Practicing corporate social responsibility.
- Being innovative and creative.
- Global aspirations.
- Outward looking.
- Going the extra mile.
- Never give up; never ever give up.
- Put back into the community.
- Building a happy and efficient team.
- Staff recruited for attitude, not qualifications.
- Providing an environment for employees to flourish.